How Long We Retain Your Data For
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of our retention periods are as follows:
- Where you have made an enquiry that enquiry has not materialised into a booking (your personal will be held for up to 2 months, unless you also consent to us sending you marketing material (see point 5, below).
- If you make a booking we will keep your information for 6 years from your return date of travel (in the case of adults) or 6 years from the date of your 18th birthday (if you were under the age of 18, when you travelled on that booking) in order to enable us to defend any legal claims that you may pursue against us
- Passport information – We will use this information to process your booking, at which point it will then be destroyed unless you provide us with your specific to retain your passport details on record to use on future bookings.
- Health and disability records – this information will be kept in tandem with general booking information and stored for up to 6 years.
- Email and postal addresses for marketing purposes. Where you provide us you’re your consent, we will retain those records for marketing purposes for 4 years or until such time as you choose to opt out of the receipt of our marketing material.
- In addition to the above, by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.